Monday, November 16, 2009

UnSweet November Update #2 - Oops, I did it again...


Cookies with ATOE logo! So cute!


     So while UnSweet November has been reasonably successful...I have made some bonehead mistakes...Ok, make that bonehead decisions...I was taking photographs for AFFA's A Taste of Equality so I was able to enjoy the food from all the yummy restaurants and catering companies around town like Grills Gone Wild, Blue Rose Cafe and Rue de Jean.....well there were also bakeries present Cupcake and Sugar to be exact.  I was walking around most of the time so I didn't just sit down to enjoy the food...I would breeze by my friend's table take a bite and keep cruising...Well at the stroke of 9:00 the desserts were ready for serving...I was starving...they popped so quickly in my mouth that I completely forgot UnSweet November existed....I didn't remember until the next day!  I couldn't believe I had been so thoughtless...I guess that is what this whole experiment has been about...being more conscious of what I'm putting in my body...Ugh! 

     In full disclosure, at some point in November I ate a Reese's cup...I cannot remember when but it happened...even if I am a cheater...I don't want to be a liar too so I ate the Reese's cup and it was good. 

     Other than these few indiscretions...ha ha, this month of no sweets has been going well.  I don't crave sweets as much as I did in the beginning.  The first couple of days I had horrible cravings for sugar...they cravings have gotten easier to ignore and have all but disappeared.  I have been steadily losing weight during this particular challenge despite my cheating ways...I'm not advocating cheating at all...simply that I do believe sugar is a problem area for me now...I'll reveal weight results in my UnSweet November wrap up!

No comments:

Post a Comment